Saturday, February 1, 2014

Birthday Baking Disaster and Double C's Cupcakes


To keep the things in shape i must say that i'm trully in love with my blog. It is so pretty i cant stop looking, working, changing things and thinking about what i'm going to cook, what i'm going to read and how i'm going to mix those things on one. At this point if you read the other older posts you should know about my bubbly and loving Co-worker and Delightful Friend Rux. She is one of the most interesting, fun and Ennoying persons that i ever met in my whole life but in the short time that i been working on the Accounting Office the ONLY thing that makes my Working Life bearable because without her i would be misserable (Actually she makes my life a little misserable) 
Anyway, the thing is that Rux Birthday was this past Thursday so i was like a maniac on the kitchen trying to make something Special on wednesday night, you know, trying to make some of my sweet magic but was a total disaster. At the beggining i started making a patterned roll cake. The plan was making a Rollcake with Tons of colorful dots almost like a funfetti rollcake, but inspired by one of the greatest modern artists on the worl Damien Hirst Because on one of the latest Videos of this Rock Group called "Twenty Seconds To Mars" wich she is a HUGE fan appears some of the Hirst Work. The thing is that i over beat my egg whites making a hideous crappy Meringue destroying the whole batter so when i put it on the oven was like a messy and cracky Sponge cake. I decide to throw it up and start something new.

Then, i started to pass to the "B" plan, an ADORABLE Crustless Almond and Strawberries pie. I thought like "this cake is going to be a trip on the park" WRONG!. Was Quite hard for me making the "Sabayon" and even harder because one of glass bowl just explode with no reason leaving my entire floor filled with broken glass. When i put the tart on the oven i thought that was all but then i smell something funny... like... Omellet? . Yes it was omellet, my Sabayon turn itself into an Vanilla Disgusting Omellet and that was the Failure of my "B" plan.

I was Trully upset and angry about my disaster baking Night but then something came to my mind. A recipe who was perfect, was easy and have the right flavours. My Cinnamon cake Batter of Course. I put myself to work on the recipe acting with calm and baking at midnight those little spicy cupcakes. They were Perfect out the oven and the whole kitchen used to smell like fall afternoons. I paired the Cinnamon Cupcake with a Chocolate Ganache Frosting and Made those little cheesy Strawberry roses to add a femenine touch on them. Rux Love her cupcakes and her College Bestie Too. So i feel so good because not only Rux got pleased also her friend.


Now this is my Recipe to make My Delicious "Double C's Cupcakes"

Ingredients. 
Makes 6 large Cupcakes.

For The Cinnamon Batter
  • 1/2 cup Butter (Room Temperature)
  • 2/3 Granulated Sugar.
  • 2 Medium Eggs
  • 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
  • 2 spoons grounded Cinnamon
  • Strawberries for the filling
For the Chocolate Ganache Frosting
  • 500 g  Dark Chocolate
  • 2 1/3 Cups Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 cup Corn syrup or Glucose
Directions.

  1. Heat oven to 180 C . Using an electric mixer with a balloon whisk beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Break the eggs into a cup making sure no shell has gone into the cup.
  3. Beat the egg into the sugar and margaine until smooth and well incorporated.
  4. Slowly at first beat in all the flour and cinnamon, increase speed once they have incorporated. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy.
  5. Prepare 6 hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases. Put a Strawberry on every cupake case and Fill it with the Batter. Bake in oven for 20 mins or until risen and firm to the touch.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
  1. Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Bring cream and corn syrup just to a simmer over medium-high heat; pour mixture over chocolate. Let stand, without stirring, until chocolate begins to melt.
  2. Beginning near the center and working outward, stir melted chocolate into cream until mixture is combined and smooth.
  3. Refrigerate, stirring every 5 minutes, until frosting just barely begins to hold its shape and is slightly lighter in color. Use immediately (ganache will continue to thicken after you stop stirring)
Decorate Your Cupcakes as you wish, If you wanna make some strawberry Roses you can Found a Little Video on Here and you need a sharp Knive to assist you on that task

4 comments :

  1. Oh no so sad to hear about your cooking difficulties! I'm glad no one was hurt when the glass exploded! So scary! Your cupcakes look delicious however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a few cuts and burns on my hand because the little accident but i'm ok. They were Delicious actually... i trust on my Friend Rux. Thanks for passing by :D

      Delete
  2. The idea of cinnamon batter sounds pretty amazing, I might just eat it with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon is one of those flavours that cant go wrong, if you doubt just add some Cinnamon :))

      Delete