I must say that a couple of weeks ago i started you watch "Downton Abbey" I trully love to see and read oldfashion novels where rich people lives in old houses and talk with words like "Lovely" and "Breathtaking" while finds the love of their lives and "Downton Abbey" was a perfect to live an alternative life as a Count who drinks everyday his tea with a splash of lemon juice and cream. that's why i felt this inpiration to create something that it will be delicious for the Tea Time. My Cinnamon and Orange Ladyfingers.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grounded Cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Orange
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
3. Fold the whites into the yolk mixtures using a whisk, then fold in the flour and the juice of the orange until just incorporated. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe lady fingers onto the prepared trays that are 4-inches long and an inch apart (they will spread a little once piped). Bake for about 8 minutes, until the fingers are an even golden brown. Allow the fingers to cool completely before removing them from the trays.
You can serve them Plain to pair a rich Earl Gray Tea or if you feel more in the "Sweet tooth" mood you can dip the edges with melted black chocolate and let them Chill a little bit before the consume.