This past Sunday, i made these delicious pancakes. I must say ‘m a pancake lover not only because i can eat them all day long it’s because they come out perfectly of the pan. Because i’m running low on ingredients mainly because i can’t find them anywhere and i had to make a couple of substitutions on my batter. Now after playing with the ammounts and taking as a base my own pancake batter it’s a whole new recipe. I call them “Lemon Pie Pancakes”
- 60 grams Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tea spoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Lemon Zest
- 1 Lemon Juice
- A dash of Salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add cream cheese and mix until cream cheese has separated into uniformly small lumps, about the size of large cottage cheese curds. Stir in melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, then stir to combine.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat, until a drop of water sizzles. Lower heat to medium; butter or oil pan. Drop batter into pan by 1/3 cupfuls. Once the batter has spread, these need to be cooked a bit longer than you might expect; they won't bubble as quickly or as much as plain pancakes. Turn down the heat if necessary, to keep them from overbrowning, and let them puff up to their full extent after you turn them, which will take 2-3 minutes. Serve with some Lemon Syrup.
To make the Lemon Syrup.
- 2 cups sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon, plus 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Trust me, Once you eat this Lemon Pie Pancakes you'll feel like your morning has just going to be perfect. The Lemony side it's a perfect match to the Tangniness of the cream cheese. You can also serve them with some Spread of cream cheese and go straight to heaven for it.
My readers, i just get back and i primise i'm going to return and update as soon as i cook something good. Remember, i have a day job and i'm just finish Tax season so it is Madness over here.